Words and Music by Elisha A. Hoffman (1893)
Rev. Elisha A. Hoffman was summoned to help a friend who was permitted many visitations of sorrow and affliction. (Affliction- distress, grief or misery, a state of pain; sickness, loss, calamity, or persecution.) Rev. Hoffman tried to comfort her by telling her of the unfailing love of God. He spoke of that love which brought us into being, and follows us every step of our way. He urged her to surrender to God's mercy, and told her the help she needed could only come when she was fully repentant. He prayed earnestly for her, and while he was praying she suddenly screamed, "I must tell Jesus!" His pastoral visit, spiritual instruction and earnest prayer led to her conversion, and she became a great soul winner in the Master's service.
"I must tell Jesus," was wrought out of a minister's intimate dealing with a soul seeking deliverance from sickness and sin. Dealing impressed by this experience, Rev. Elisha A. Hoffman wrote these words after returning home.
I must tell Jesus all of my trials,
I cannot bear these burdens alone;
In my distress He kindly will help me,
He ever loves and cares for His own.
Chorus:
I must tell Jesus! I must tell Jesus!
I cannot bear my burdens alone;
I Must tell Jesus! I must tell Jesus!
Jesus can help me, Jesus alone.
I must tell Jesus all of my troubles,
He is a kind, compassionate Friend;
If I but ask Him, He will deliver,
Make of my troubles quickly an end.
Chorus.
Tempted and tried, I need a great Savior,
One who can help my burdens to bear;
I must tell Jesus, I must tell Jesus,
He all my cares and sorrows will share.
Chorus.
O how the world to evil allures me!
O how my heart is tempted to sin!
I must tell Jesus, and He will help me
Over the world the victory to win.
When we are tempted, alone, and no one understands, we must tell Jesus. When we are hurting, and no one sympathizes with our pain, we must tell Jesus. Jesus came because He knew we could not bear the burden alone.
"Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you." I Peter 5:7
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Loved your post. Thanks
Beautiful! I'm glad I have Him to go to in time of need.
Post a Comment